Talbot Grippa Universal Service Connector
The Talbot Grippa is a universal fitting that connects MDPE onto a wide variety of existing lead, galvanised iron and copper pipes with no change of components. Simply push the pipe into the universal end of the fitting and tighten, no loose assembly of components or special preparation of the pipe or cutting of threads.
Product Code - E5172
MDPE Pipe Size 1 - 20mm
Universal End Lead Pipe Size 2 - ���” 4lb-6lb, or
Universal End Galvanised Pipe Size 2- ���”, or
Universal End Copper Pipe Size 2 - 15mm, 1/2"
MDPE End Connection Type - Pushfit
Pipe Liners Required - Yes, for metric BS pipe only - Provided with Fitting
Can be Dismantled - Yes
Can be re-used - Yes (replacement grip ring and seal dependant on condition)
PE End - Suits metric BS6572 and BS6730 pipe with a liner and DIN and ISO pipes (blue grip ring, black "o" ring marked "M") or imperial BS pipe (black grip ring, black "O" ring)
How Talbot Pushfit Pipe fittings work
Talbot Push fittings have an internal grip ring and O ring. As water pressure increases behind the rings the strength of the grip and seal increases in line with the pressure.
Fittings can be dismantled using an extractor tool. These are purchased seperately and can be found by entering "extractors" in our "search the store" area above)
Talbot Fittings Technical Information
| WRAS Approved ||Yes|
| Pressure Rating ||PN16|
Talbot Push Fit Assembly Instructions
- Insert pipe liner insert into end of pipe (for metric BS Pipe only)
- For Imperial BS Pipe, DIN and ISO pipe, bevel the end of the pipe and do not use pipe liner insert
- Push the pipe into the fitting with a slight twist ensuring the pipe can be felt passing through the grip ring and then the O ring. This will be felt as a slight resistance as it passes through each when inserting the pipe
Talbot Push Fit Dis-assembly Instructions
- Slide a pair of extractors (plastic or metal) in between the pipe and fitting and pull the pipe from the fitting
- Remove the grip ring from the fitting and dispose (Important - note which way round the grip ring is inserted)
- Remove the O ring and dispose of it if any damage is evident, replace if required
- Replace grip ring by forming a figure 6 to reduce the diameter and insert it into the fitting the same way round as the old one was removed
Spare grip rings and O rings are available by entering "Talbot Grip Ring" or "Talbot O Ring" area above.