These halogen bulbs are class "C" with a height of 70mm and a diameter of 45mm and a life expectancy of 2,000 hours. They are available with two cap styles as below,
- 28W halogen energy saving round bulb with standard Bayonet Cap (BC/B22) equivalent to light output of traditional 40W round bulb.
- 28W halogen energy saving round bulb with standard Edison Screw Cap (ES/B27) equivalent to light output of traditional 40W round bulb.
Halogen lamps offer the following features
- Moderate running cost saving (typically about 30%)
- Longer life than traditional incandescent lamps (typically about double)
- Dimmable (check total lamp wattage falls within lower and higher power ratings of the dimmer switch used)
- Relatively low purchase cost compared to compact fluoresent or LED
- Instant full brightness of a high quality light
Halogen Lamps operate at a slightly higher temperature than standard incandescent lamps and therefore the fitting or shade should be rated at the equivalent light output wattage i.e. 40 Watts for this version